The ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 is to provide a place for all ASEAN IVO members to exchange ideas, discuss R&D topics and coordinate projects. Any and all members of ASEAN IVO can apply for the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 situation in the ASEAN region and Japan, the Steering Committee has decided to change the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 from a conventional forum into online forum through the Internet. Therefore, the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 shall be in an On-Demand format (*) through our website.
(*) On-Demand format: Applications for submitting presentations will be accepted by online after the webpage for Call for Presentations is open, as usual. All presentation materials, such as PPT file, presentation videos, etc. will be uploaded to the website. Every participant can check and view each presentation any time. A comment section will be provided for discussion between the presenter and participants for forming project teams.
The website for submitting abstracts is: https://naivo.org
The deadline for submissions has been extended to October 29, 2020
The deadline for submissions has been extended to October 29, 2020
- ICT for food
As food is a common need for all people, ensuring food security (i.e. food availability and regional self-sufficiency) is a key concern for every country. The focus of this topic is for ICT applications providing specific solutions to food security issues in the ASEAN region, specifically the development of applications and integrated systems for R&D in all fields addressing food availability, from environment and agriculture through the supply chain to consumption and waste management.
- ICT for Environment Protection and Disaster Prevention
As the population grows and becomes more urbanized, there has been a massive increase in material needs and environmental impact as well as demand for digital infrastructure to support people’s lifestyles and communication, so that environment monitoring and protection has become an important issue to human society. Today, natural disasters are occurring more frequently and with increasing intensity. As well as disaster prevention and response, environment monitoring is key for stable infrastructure. This topic focuses not only on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
- ICT for a Secure and Smart Community
With the internationalization and regionalization of ASEAN, we are facing many difficulties, such as cultural differences and social adaptation. Additionally, with rapid urbanization, cities face a variety of risks, concerns, and problems. The unprecedented rate of urban growth creates an urgency in finding smarter ways to manage the accompanying challenges. This topic is a challenging one which not only focuses on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems, including development of useable applications in a real-life context.
- ICT for Health and Welfare
Population growth and environmental destruction is causing an ever-increasing list of global health crises. From aging societies to global pandemics, humanity needs to develop new ways to tackle global health problems. Recent disease outbreaks make clear the need to develop new technologies, integrated systems and applications to prevent pandemics and fight infectious diseases like COVID-19 and Ebola. This is particularly relevant in South-East Asia where many countries are home to at least three diseases that are classified as Neglected Tropical Diseases, meaning prevention and treatment are poorly implemented and underfunded, like dengue fever. Care for the elderly and coping with aging societies is also a growing problem. R&D for new systems and technologies to support older people and relieve the burden of caring for them is essential to maintain societal equilibrium.
- ICT related Technologies and Applications
Proposals in any ICT-related topic are welcome if sufficient relevance to the above themes can be demonstrated.
2. Important Dates
- Period for abstract submission: Sept. 11 -
Oct. 1Oct. 29, 2020
- Period for uploading presentation materials:
Oct. 10-25Nov. 7 - Nov. 22, 2020
- Duration of the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020:
Oct. 28Nov. 25, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2021
The URL for submitting abstracts is: https://naivo.org
3. Limitations to Submissions
To advance the activities of ICT R&D in the ASEAN region, there will be no limitations on submissions; any and all members of ASEAN IVO can apply for the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020. However, there is a limit of one application per presenter.
4. Preparation and Procedure
- Please prepare the “Submission and Registration Form”, if you are planning to submit an abstract to the ASEAN IVO Forum 2020.
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 - Submission and Registration Form[Word 85.0KB]
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 - Submission and Registration Form[PDF 792KB]
- A website for “Submission and Registration” will be open from around September 9, 2020.
- When you are applying for the Forum, you must upload a PDF of your abstract as well as filling in the online registration information.
- Please note the website for “Submission and Registration” will close on
October 1October 29, 2020.
- A website for the forum’s program will open by
October 10November 7, 2020. Please check the program to see if your submission was accepted.
- Please submit presentation files on a dedicated website. The website will be open from
October 10November 7, 2020. You must submit a PDF of you PowerPoint presentation at this time. You may submit three additional supporting files for a maximum of four files total.
- Please note: the website for uploading presentation files will close on
October 25Novermber 22, 2020.
- The additional supporting files can help participants to understand your presentation. They can be videos, including animation, audio for explanation, documents such as international conference papers, journal papers, etc. in PDF format, URL for a YouTube channel you made for your presentation etc.
- Any supporting materials you submit must be saved as PDFs, where possible. This includes PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Any audio you submit should be in mp3 format and any video you submit should be in mp4 or mov format. Please ensure your PowerPoint PDF is no more than 10MB and that each additional file is no more than 130MB, to reduce strain on servers and to make it easier for forum participants to download or view your files.
- Your presentation file and supporting materials will be available to view from
October 28November 25, 2020 to January 11, 2021.
- Please respond to comments written in the comments section by participants, discuss with each other, and form your team to apply for a new project next year.
Please submit all files to the designated website. Do not email any submissions to the secretariat, as they will not be accepted.