Overview of Research Center
In anticipation of the Beyond 5G era, we will conduct research and development on ultra-high-capacity photonic networks to support rapidly increasing communications traffic, access technologies that harmoniously integrate optical fiber and wireless communications, and flexible network technologies.
- Photonic Network Laboratory
We are researching massive channel optical network technologies to extend the capacity limit and cope with ever-increasing traffic, and dynamic and flexible reconfiguration technologies of optical networks for efficiently providing network resources in response to service requests. Further research is terabit high-capacity transmission technologies for short distances.
- Optical Access Technology Laboratory
For realization of more flexible operation of networks in the Beyond 5G era, we are focusing on the R&Ds of following technologies in the research field of optical access networks:
- Massively integrated all-band ICT hardware technology for hardware-level conversion between optical and radio systems and broadband waveform processing,
- Next-generation radio-over-fiber technology with ultra broadband and high availability
- Scalable bandwidth control technology, and
- Transmission-media-independent access infrastructure technology such as effective conversion of transmission media and precise signal distribution technology.