ICT Virtual Organization of ASEAN Institutes and NICT
ASEAN IVO Forum 2016
Call for Presentations
We are currently accepting abstracts for presentations.
1. Cyber-Security and its applications.
This topic does not only focus on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
Key-words: Secure IoT/SDN, Monitoring/Detection Systems, Cryptography
2. Smart Society: ICT applications for community and environment
The focus of this topic is for ICT applications providing specific solutions to ASEAN regional problems. Proposals to this topic should be made under one of the following sub-topics:
A) Smart Community
This sub-topic is for ICT applications to enrich people’s lives and make public services more efficient, or protect communities from specific hazards and mitigate the effects of climate change on the environment.
Keywords: E-Healthcare, Environment monitoring, Disaster mitigation, Green ICT, Resource savings, Power reduction, Secure and clean ICT environment, Natural Language Processing
B) Smart City
This sub-topic addresses the specific demands of dense metropolitan areas, such as pollution and overcrowding, as well as the technologies required to address the ICT demands. Technology-based projects should consider what is already available or under development by Google and other multinational technology companies, and should seek to provide innovative solutions to ASEAN-specific needs in ways that these companies cannot.
Keywords for technology development: IoT, Mobility, SDN, 4G/5G, WSN, Big data
Keywords for application development: Metropolitan area, Traffic, Structural integrity monitoring, Civil construction, Entertainment, Smart homes
C) Smart Village
Projects under this sub-topic will address the special needs of rural communities caused by the “digital divide”. To enable ICT to penetrate rural communities and provide services for all, solutions are sought to overcome the current regional lack of access to electricity and other basic needs.
Keywords: Smart Grid, Telemedicine, Agriculture, Education
2. Important Dates
- Deadline for abstract submission: Oct. 21, 2016
- Forum registration deadline for speakers: Oct. 21, 2016
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2016: Nov. 24, 2016
Km 10, Nguyen Trai Street, Ha Dong, Hanoi, Vietnam.
4. Travel and Accommodation
5. Review and Selection
- The Steering Committee of ASEAN IVO will evaluate each submission for technical merit and other relevant factors. In some cases, modifications may be recommended.
- Approved presentations will be published on the ASEAN IVO website.
- Speakers of the selected presentations are expected to cooperate with NICT for administrative procedures.
- Procedure: Submit applications by filling in all necessary items in the submission and registration form and E-mailing it by attachment in MS Word and PDF format.
- Submit to: ASEAN IVO Secretariat
Dr. Hiroshi EMOTO
International Research Advancement Office, Global Alliance Department
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
4-2-1, Nukui-Kita, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8795, Japan