ASEAN IVO Forum 2021
- Call for Presentations -
The deadline for submissions has been further extended to October 24, 2021
Oral presentation: A one-day standard WebEx conference. Presenters will have 15 minutes (including 5 minutes of Q&A) to make oral presentation on their research via WebEx.
Poster presentation: Your presentation materials are posted on our website. This is exactly the same as the On-Demand Forum 2020. A comment section will be provided for discussion between the presenter and participants for forming project teams .
All submissions will be required to attend both presentations. However, in case we receive a large number of applications, you may only be able to attend the poster presentation.
Please submit (via https://naivo.org open from September 1), after checking the details below.
*Audience participation only is also possible, and registration is required in this case as well.
- ICT for food
As food is a common need for all people, ensuring food security (i.e. food availability and regional self-sufficiency) is a key concern for every country. The focus of this topic is for ICT applications providing specific solutions to food security issues in the ASEAN region, specifically the development of applications and integrated systems for R&D in all fields addressing food availability, from environment and agriculture through the supply chain to consumption and waste management.
- ICT for Environment Protection and Disaster Prevention
As the population grows and becomes more urbanized, there has been a massive increase in material needs and environmental impact as well as demand for digital infrastructure to support people’s lifestyles and communication, leading to environment monitoring and protection has become an important issue to human society. Today, natural disasters are occurring more frequently and with increasing intensity. As well as disaster prevention and response, environment monitoring is key for stable infrastructure. This topic focuses not only on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
- ICT for a Secure and Smart Community
With the internationalization and regionalization of ASEAN, we are facing many difficulties, such as cultural differences and social adaptation. Additionally, with rapid urbanization, cities face a variety of risks, concerns, and problems. The unprecedented rate of urban growth creates an urgency in finding smarter ways to manage the accompanying challenges. This topic is a challenging one which not only focuses on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems, including development of useable applications in a real-life context.
- ICT for Health and Welfare
Population growth and environmental destruction is causing an ever-increasing list of global health crises. From aging societies to global pandemics, humanity needs to develop new ways to tackle global health problems. Recent disease outbreaks make clear the need to develop new technologies, integrated systems and applications to prevent pandemics and fight infectious diseases like COVID-19 and Ebola. This is particularly relevant in South-East Asia where many countries are home to at least three diseases that are classified as Neglected Tropical Diseases, meaning prevention and treatment are poorly implemented and underfunded, like dengue fever. Care for the elderly and coping with aging societies is also a growing problem. R&D for new systems and technologies to support older people and relieve the burden of caring for them is essential to maintain societal equilibrium.
- ICT related Technologies and Applications
Proposals in any ICT-related topic are welcome if sufficient relevance to the above themes can be demonstrated.
- Oral presentation: November 18, 2021
On WebEx (NICT will provide the meeting URL)
- Poster Presentation: From November 18, 2021 to January 11, 2022
On the ASEAN IVO website
(open from November 18)
3. Important Dates
- Deadline for submission of abstracts:
September 30October 24, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: November 1, 2021
- Uploading presentation materials: November 1-12, 2021
- Program open: November 15, 2021
- A website for “Registration and Submission” (https://naivo.org) will be open from September 1, 2021. You need to register to participate in the 2021 forum. If you have one, then the account you signed up for last year can be used again this year.
- You need to upload a PDF of your abstract as well as filling in the online registration information. Follow the instructions on the page to enter your information and submit an abstract for your presentation by
September 30October 24, 2021.
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2021 – Abstract Submission Form[PDF 538KB]
- ASEAN IVO Forum 2021 – Abstract Submission Form (word)[Word 64.5KB]
- Uploading of materials for presentations will be possible from November 1 to 12 on the dedicated website. You must submit PDF or PowerPoint files and you may submit 3 additional supporting files.
- The additional supporting files can help participants to understand your presentation. They can be videos, including animation, audio for explanation, documents such as international conference papers, journal papers, etc. in PDF format, a URL for a YouTube channel you made for your presentation etc. The details of supporting materials are shown on the instruction page (https://naivo.org/index.php/2021forum/papers/instruction Only available to registered users from September 1).
- Program will be open on November 15, 2021. Please confirm and see if your oral presentation is scheduled on November 18, 2021.
- For oral presentations, participants will be required to participate in an Internet connection confirmation test
the day before on November 17, 2021on November 8, 2021. More details will be provided after the program is finalized.
- For poster presentations, we will provide talk rooms in order to communicate with participants. Please respond to comments written by participants, discuss with each other, and form your team to apply for a new project next year.
- The oral presentation will be recorded and posted on the website later.
- Please submit all files to the designated website. DO NOT email any submissions to the secretariat, as they will not be accepted.