Deadline: September 30, 2023
Please carefully read the following instructions and apply for the program on the designated website.
- ICT for food
As food is a common need for all people, ensuring food security (i.e. food availability and regional self-sufficiency) is a key concern for every country. The focus of this topic is for ICT applications providing specific solutions to food security issues in the ASEAN region, specifically the development of applications and integrated systems for R&D in all fields addressing food availability, from environment and agriculture through the supply chain to consumption and waste management.
- ICT for Environment Protection and Disaster Prevention
As the population grows and becomes more urbanized, there has been a massive increase in material needs and environmental impact as well as demand for digital infrastructure to support people’s lifestyles and communication, leading to environment monitoring and protection has become an important issue to human society. Today, natural disasters are occurring more frequently and with increasing intensity. As well as disaster prevention and response, environment monitoring is key for stable infrastructure. This topic focuses not only on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
- ICT for a Secure and Smart Community
With the internationalization and regionalization of ASEAN, we are facing many difficulties, such as cultural differences and social adaptation. Additionally, with rapid urbanization, cities face a variety of risks, concerns, and problems. The unprecedented rate of urban growth creates an urgency in finding smarter ways to manage the accompanying challenges. This topic is a challenging one which not only focuses on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems, including development of useable applications in a real-life context. Moreover, with the rapid development of cyberspace as well as the real world, counter measures against cyberattacks have also become an urgent issue. From this year, this topic will focus on including technology and applications for cyberspace and the real world, in order to create safe and secure communities.
- ICT for Health and Welfare
Population growth and environmental destruction is causing an ever-increasing list of global health crises. From aging societies to global pandemics, humanity needs to develop new ways to tackle global health problems. Recent disease outbreaks make clear the need to develop new technologies, integrated systems and applications to prevent pandemics and fight infectious diseases like COVID-19 and Ebola. This is particularly relevant in South-East Asia where many countries are home to at least three diseases that are classified as Neglected Tropical Diseases, meaning prevention and treatment are poorly implemented and underfunded, like dengue fever. Care for the elderly and coping with aging societies is also a growing problem. R&D for new systems and technologies to support older people and relieve the burden of caring for them is essential to maintain societal equilibrium.
- ICT for Advanced Technologies and Applications
As ICT is a key part of society’s infrastructure, promoting ICT R&D will increase manufacturing growth, and any proposals which are focusing on manufacturing are appreciated. Not only manufacturing, but 4IR related proposals such as IoT, AI, blockchain, big-data, robotics, etc. are also welcome.
2. Date and Venue
Venue: Vientiane, Laos
3. Important Dates
- Deadline for abstract submission: September 30, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: October 20, 2023
- Uploading presentation materials: October 27 – November 3, 2023
- Program open: November 10, 2023
5. Travel and Accommodation
*Please note that Speakers from non-ASEAN countries (including Japan) are not supported.
6. Review and Selection
- The Steering Committee of ASEAN IVO will evaluate each submitted abstract for technical merit and other relevant factors. In some cases, modifications may be recommended.
- Two speakers from each country are selected to present under NICT’s travel and accommodation support, after the submission has passed the evaluation. Those who wish to present at their own expense are also welcome, provided that the SC members approve.
- Approved presentations and their materials will be published on the ASEAN IVO website as poster presentations.
- Presentation speakers are expected to cooperate with NICT for administrative procedures.
- A website for “Registration and Submission” (https://naivo.org) is now open. You need to register to participate in the ASEAN IVO Forum 2023. If you already have an account, then it can be used again this year.
- You need to upload a PDF of your abstract (see bottom of this page for files) as well as fill in the online registration information. Follow the instructions on the page to enter your information and submit an abstract for your presentation by September 30, 2023.
- Uploading of materials for presentations will be possible from October 27 to November 3 on the dedicated website. You must submit PDF or PowerPoint file and you may submit 3 additional supporting files.
- The additional supporting files can help participants to understand your presentation. They can be videos, including animation, audio for explanation, documents such as international conference papers, journal papers, etc. in PDF format, a URL for a YouTube channel you made for your presentation etc. The details of supporting materials are shown on the instruction page (https://naivo.org/index.php/2023forum/papers/instruction Only available to registered users).
- The program will be open on November 10, 2023. Please confirm and see if your presentation is scheduled on November 15, 2023.
- Those who submit an abstract and are not selected as speakers may, if they wish, display their posters on-site on the day of the event. The acceptance period for poster exhibits on-site will be from October 27 to November 3, 2023. Contact the secretariat for information on poster preparation on-site and venue management.
8. Presentation Materials Availability
- All presentation materials are accessible through the web site (https://naivo.org), it is available for anyone if you have an ASEAN IVO account.
- On the web site for presentation materials, a talk room is provided to participants in order to communicate with the presenter. Everyone can access the presentation materials and posts questions or comments to the presenter for discussion, including if you missed joining the forum in person.
- The presenter will respond to the questions or comments written by participants, discuss with each other, and form your team to apply for a new project next year.
- Presentation materials will be posted on the website from November 15, 2023.
- Presentations on the day of the event will be available live on YouTube and will also be recorded and posted on the website later. ASEAN IVO’s YouTube channel is available at the following URL: https://tinyurl.com/4ueaztbp (Please copy and paste the URL into your web browser's address bar.)
- Please submit all files to the designated website. DO NOT email any submissions to the secretariat, as they will not be accepted.