NICT, along with ten other global leading-edge research and education networks in North America, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Oceania, signed a memorandum of understanding to join the Asia Pacific Oceania network (APOnet) and collaboratively improve high-speed network services in the Asia Pacific Oceania region.
The APOnet collaboration will connect East Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, and North America. The networks and organizations involved are:
- Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet),
- Arterial Research and Educational Network in Asia-Pacific (ARENA-PAC),
- University Corporation for Advanced Internet Development d/b/a (Internet2),
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI),
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT),
- National Institute of Informatics (NII),
- Singapore Advanced Research and Education Network (SingAREN),
- Pacific Wave International Exchange
- Research and Education Advanced Network New Zealand (REANNZ),
- TransPAC, and
- University of Hawaii (UH).
About the APOnet Global Research and Education Networks