How to become a member of ASEAN IVO?
The following is the procedure to apply for membership in ASEAN IVO. Please discuss within your organization* and follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download the application form from the ASEAN IVO homepage and fill it in.
Step 2: The application should be signed by the representative of your organization
Note: the representative means a person at top management level in the organization, e.g. President, Vice-President, Rector, Pro-Rector, Executive Director, Director, etc.
Step 3: The application should be sent to the chair of the ASEAN IVO Steering Committee through the secretariat (email@example.com).
The membership application will be examined and discussed by the ASEAN IVO Steering Committee, who will then decide whether or not to approve membership. Notification of the decision will be sent by the secretariat to the organization.
2. Important Notes
- Only organizations in the ASEAN region or Japan can become members of ASEAN IVO.
Membership of organizations from non-ICT sectors If your purpose in join is to develop ICT applications for your field, organizations from non-ICT sectors can be accepted as member of ASEAN IVO.
- Membership of private companies
- A private company is welcome to apply for membership if the company provides matching funds for ASEAN IVO joint projects.
- No funding will be provided to the company by NICT.
Non-members’ attendance at the ASEAN IVO Forum The ASEAN IVO Forum takes place in the ASEAN region for all members of ASEAN IVO for R&D information exchange. Non-members are be allowed trial attendance at the Forum, but NICT will not provide the same support as they do to IVO members.
* “Organization” includes any university, college, institute, private company or other such entity, that is engaged in research and development in the field of ICT.