About NICT Asia Center
NICT Asia Center is the overseas dispatch office of NICT in Southeast Asia. The center promotes collaborative activities in ICT R&D field with Southeast Asian countries along the NICT’s international harmonization policy. The center carries out the following major activities.
-Operates stronghold basis research projects in Southeast Asia where local advantages on research work can be applied.
-Conducts collaborative research project on a fresh and timely subject with organization concerned.
-Organizes seminars and workshops regarding recent high technologies.
-Assists effective apply of advanced research facilities such as high speed internet network.
-Promotes bridging assistance in applying research resources and products of NICT for ICT research needs in Southeast Asia countries.
Accordingly, ARC strives to deepen collaboration with ICT research organizations in the region, and contributes countries growth by leading advanced ICT R&D.
-General coordination, communication and support for the collaborative ICT R&D activities between Asian countries and Japan.
-Information exchange, consultation and advice on pioneering of new research projects with NICT and other related institution in the field of ICT R&D and relevant field.
-Assistance of exchange researchers, acceptance of training personnel -Public relations, news gathering and distribution.
-Establishment of CRL Asia Research Center
(1 Oct. 2002)
-Inauguration of NICT Asia Research Center
(30 Apr. 2003)
(CRL was reformed as NICT)
-Thailand Science Park Opening Ceremony
(18 Jun. 2003)
-First Anniversary Commemorative Ceremony
(30 Jun. 2004)
-Annual Review of NICT Asia Research center
(1 Sep. 2005)
-Report meeting of NICT Asia Research Center
(7 Jun. 2006)
-Five Year Anniversary Ceremony of the
(25 Oct. 2007)
-Change name to NICT Asia Center
(1 Apr. 2011)
- Relocation of NICT Asia Center
Examples of Activities in year 2008 and after
- Assisting at the NICT exhibition at TELECOM ASIA in Thailand (Sep.2008)
- Participating in the exhibition at NSTF 2009 (Thailand National Science and Technology Fair) (Aug.2009)
- Commencing an MOU between NICT and I2R (Institute for InfoComm Research Singapore) (Dec.2009)
- Assisting in running a joint seminar with NTC-TRIDI (Dec.2009)
- Assisting in running the AFICT2009 (ICT Forum in Asia) in Singapore and Bangkok Assisting in showcasing the 3D audio recording system in Bangkok (May 2010)
- Assisting in arranging NTC Thailand’s EMC observation visit to Japan (Aug.2010)
- Participating in the exhibition at NSTF (Thailand National Science and Technology Fair) 2010 (Aug.2010)
- Assisting in a demonstration test of an international disaster rescue training drill utilizing JGN-2 for APEC-TELMIN (Oct.2010)
- Commencing an MOA between NICT and NECTEC (National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, Thailand) (Nov.2010)
- Assisting in holding the AFICT2010 in Bangkok (Nov.2010)
- Holding a ceremony for the signing of a new MOA upon closing TCL (Thai Computational Linguistics Laboratory) (Nov.2010)
- Commencing an MOU between NICT and KMITL (King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand) (Jan.2011)
- Assisting in holding the AFICT2011 in Singapore (Jan.2010)
- Assisting with admissions to a training course on the technical certification system for NBTC (National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission, Thailand) (Feb.2011)
- Participating in the exhibition at NSTF (Thailand National Science and Technology Fair) 2011 (Aug.2011)
- NICT-I2R (Institute for Infocomm Research) Joint Workshop at Singapore (June 2012) AFICT (Asian Forum on ICT) 2012 in Malaysia (June 2012) Very Long Baseline Interferometry Seminar at Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University (June 2012)
- Participating in the exhibition at NSTF 2011 (Aug.2012)
- Commencing an MOU between NICT and Chulalongkorn University (Oct.2012)
- Commencing an MOU between NICT and Chiang Mai University (Dec.2012)
- Participating in the exhibition at NSTF 2013 (Aug.2013)
- ASEAN-NICT ICT Round Table at Bangkok (Nov.2013)
- ITU World Telecom at Bangkok (Nov.2013)
- Extending the MOU with KMITL (Feb. 2014)
- Extending the MOU with KMITL (Mar. 2014)
- Extending the MOU with NECTEC (Apr. 2014)
- Workshop at Institute for Infocomm Research at Singapore (June 2014)
- 1st Workshop on Convergence of radio and optical technologies (Aug. 2014)
- 2nd Workshop on Convergence of radio and optical technologies (Jan. 2015)
- Next generation TV transmission test for Sapporo Snow Festival (Feb. 2015)
- Round Table in the ASEAN region and Japan at Bangkok (Feb.2015)
- Assisting in a field test with Chulalongkorn University of the airport radar by high-performance imaging technology (June 2015)
- Assisting in a field demonstration of NerveNet at NIPTICT (National Institute of Posts, Telecoms & ICT) in Cambodia (July 2015)
- Commencing an MOC (Memorandum of Cooperation) between NICT and PPE (The Printing and Publishing Enterprise, the Ministry of Information), Myanmar (Aug. 2015)
- 3rd Workshop on Convergence of radio and optical technologies in Vietnam (Sep. 2015)
NICT Asia Center Contact
NICT Asia Center
100th Year Engineering Building,
Room 703. Floor 7th,
254 Phayathai Road, Wang Mai,
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel & Fax: +66-2-252-1512
E-mail : email@example.com
Our office is at 100th Year Engineering Building in Facluty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University.
|Deputy director||Nobuyuki ASAI|
|Secretary||Ms. Na Nakorn Paramaphon
Ms. Kerdeiam Wanatnan