1. Highlights of Study
- A world first, artificial creation of cell nuclei structures has been achieved by using microinjection of DNA-conjugated beads (with a diameter of about 3μm) into the cytoplasm of living fertilized mouse eggs
- The artificially created cell nuclei were confirmed as being the same as those created naturally by the fertilized eggs, with the formation of DNA nucleosomes with surrounding nuclear membranes
- The presence of DNA is shown to be the starting factor of the formation of cell nuclei inside of fertilized eggs, this knowledge is expected to contribute to the discovery of causes of infertility in the future
2. Content of the Research
(1) Establishment of insertion method of DNA-conjugated beads to fertilized mouse eggs.
(2) Observation of histone accumulation and nucleosome structures surrounding the DNA-conjugated beads.
(3) Observation of the structure of the nuclear membrane and nuclear membrane pores surrounding the DNA-conjugated beads.
(4) Assessment of the transport ability of the artificial nuclei structures
6. Future Outlook
Tel: +81-6-4307-3007 Fax: +81-6-6727-5288
Tel: +81-42-327-6923 Fax: +81-42-327-7587
Tel: +81-6-6879-4620 Fax: +81-6-6879-4622